Please list 2 non-family references:
Full Name / Phone / Connection
Full Name / Phone / Connection
Required for volunteers under age of 18.
>Sunday, twice a month, 3:00-4:30 PM
Teen volunteers and teens with special needs get together monthly for social activities and group “hang outs”, where they can have a great time while enhancing their social skills!
YOUNG ADULT CIRCLE
>Thursday, twice a month, 6:00-7:30 PM
Young adult volunteers and young adults with special needs come together monthly to form a social group in a non-judgmental and accepting environment. They get to experience an exciting array of activities such as karaoke, art, baking, sports and so much more.
>One Sunday a month, 4:00-5:00 PM
Travel the world & discover different yummy cuisines with fun, talented chefs!! Socialize with friends, discover your hidden talents, and come home with deliciousness and lots of pride!!
FRIENDS AT HOME
>Once a week throughout the school year, accommodates a wide variety of schedules
(Open for families who are a part of our Teen Scene Program)
Friends@Home pairs teenage volunteers and children with special needs for hours of fun and friendship through weekly home visits. This provides children the chance to bond with their volunteers in an environment they are most comfortable in, while their parents and siblings receive much-needed respite.
Through the weekly visits, the pair establishes a warm friendship that combats the loneliness and isolation so often felt by individuals with special needs while their teen volunteers learn the priceless value of giving.
MOM’S NIGHT OUT
A special evening, giving our dedicated & noble moms a chance to unwind & relax.
Life Skills & Job Training Program
Monday- Friday, 9:00 A.M- 3:00 P.M.
Our goal is to provide our Adults with special needs with an immersive, real- world environment where they can practice critical life and job skills. The program includes hands on training in The Friendship Cafe, interpersonal & communication skills, academics such as basic math & reading, Yoga & relaxation techniques, a Mentorship program, Arts & more.
Permission and Waivers
Friendship Circle of Greater Fort Lauderdale provides very special and unique opportunities for volunteers, special friends, and their families to enrich the lives of each other. In doing so, most participants will encounter new and sometimes challenging situations. Thus, it is imperative to set expectations at the beginning so that volunteers, special friends, and parents understand what they can expect. Therefore, volunteers, special friends, and their families each certify and agree by signing below that they:
As a Parent/Guardian of a special needs child of Friendship Circle or a volunteer:
● I understand that Friendship Circle will match my child with a teenage/ young adult volunteer.
● I understand that it is necessary for me as parent(s)/guardian(s) to assume full oversight and supervision responsibilities with respect to all activities Friendship Circle’s assigned volunteer(s) share(s) with my child in connection with his/her participation in the program.
● I understand that participation in this activity is entirely voluntary and requires participants to abide by applicable rules and standards of conduct;
● I understand that participation in Friendship Circle activities involves a certain degree of risk, both physically and emotionally demanding. I have considered the risk involved and have given consent as indicated below for my participation
Will not use or possess any illegal drug, alcohol or controlled substances at any time, including at Friendship Circle events or programs;
● I will not bring any weapons, firearms or other dangerous items to any Friendship Circle event or program and I will not have any unsecured firearms in a home in which hosts a Friends at Home program;
● Have not and do not have any individual that has been convicted of a crime, other than minor traffic violations, living at or visiting a home that hosts a Friends at Home program and have not themselves been convicted of a crime;
● Do not themselves have and do not have any individual that has a history of violence or abuse of any kind living at or visiting a home that hosts a Friends at Home program;
● Acknowledge the risk of injury from activities involved in Friendship Circle events and knowingly and freely assume all such risks. In the event I observe any particular hazard that I believe could cause injury to a participant, I will immediately inform Friendship Circle staff of such hazard.;
● Will not participate in any activity that you believe you and/or your child cannot perform in accordance with the Friendship Circles activities’ instructions or in a safe manner;
● Agree Friendship Circle is not responsible for any damage or injury to myself, my child/participant or my property in regard to my participation in any Friendship Circle activity;
● Acknowledge that Friendship Circle is an independently owned, operated and controlled local corporation.
I have carefully read and agree to abide and be bound by all additional rules and policies in the Friendship Circle Handbooks and any additional rules pertinent to specific events. THE FAILURE TO ABIDE MAY, IN THE EXERCISE OF FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF ALL FURTHER PROGRAM-RELATED VISITATIONS WITH YOUR CHILD.
I give permission for the volunteer to go on any school trip during the 2023-2024 school year.
*If both parents are living, both must sign this contract. Otherwise, the volunteer’s legal guardian must sign. Your typed name below will represent your electronic signature. The Friendship Life Skills & Job Training Program accepts your electronic signature in place of a handwritten signature on a hard copy page.