Current School/Program Information
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
In case of emergency if the Guardians listed above can not be reached please list two adults OTHER THAN the Guardians above who will take responsibility for your child.
PERMISSION AND WAIVERS
Friendship Circle of Greater Fort Lauderdale provides very special and unique opportunities for volunteers, special friends, and their families to enrich the lives of each other. In doing so, most participants will encounter new and sometimes challenging situations. Thus, it is imperative to set expectations at the beginning so that volunteers, special friends, and parents understand what they can expect. Therefore, volunteers, special friends, and their families each certify and agree by signing below that they:
As a Parent/Guardian of a special needs child of Friendship Circle or a volunteer:
● I understand that Friendship Circle will match my child with a teenage/ young adult volunteer.
● I understand that it is necessary for me as parent(s)/guardian(s) to assume full oversight and supervision responsibilities with respect to all activities Friendship Circle’s assigned volunteer(s) share(s) with my child in connection with his/her participation in the program.
● I understand that participation in this activity is entirely voluntary and requires participants to abide by applicable rules and standards of conduct;
● I understand that participation in Friendship Circle activities involves a certain degree of risk, both physically and emotionally demanding. I have considered the risk involved and have given consent as indicated below for my participation
Will not use or possess any illegal drug, alcohol or controlled substances at any time, including at Friendship Circle events or programs;
● I will not bring any weapons, firearms or other dangerous items to any Friendship Circle event or program and I will not have any unsecured firearms in a home in which hosts a Friends at Home program;
● Have not and do not have any individual that has been convicted of a crime, other than minor traffic violations, living at or visiting a home that hosts a Friends at Home program and have not themselves been convicted of a crime;
● Do not themselves have and do not have any individual that has a history of violence or abuse of any kind living at or visiting a home that hosts a Friends at Home program;
● Acknowledge the risk of injury from activities involved in Friendship Circle events and knowingly and freely assume all such risks. In the event I observe any particular hazard that I believe could cause injury to a participant, I will immediately inform Friendship Circle staff of such hazard.;
● Will not participate in any activity that you believe you and/or your child cannot perform in accordance with the Friendship Circles activities’ instructions or in a safe manner;
● Agree Friendship Circle is not responsible for any damage or injury to myself, my child/participant or my property in regard to my participation in any Friendship Circle activity;
● Acknowledge that Friendship Circle is an independently owned, operated and controlled local corporation.
I have carefully read and agree to abide and be bound by all additional rules and policies in the Friendship Circle Handbooks and any additional rules pertinent to specific events. THE FAILURE TO ABIDE MAY, IN THE EXERCISE OF FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF ALL FURTHER PROGRAM-RELATED VISITATIONS WITH YOUR CHILD.
I/We understand that (my/our) participant is/are registered for the entire school year and that no reduction of the full year's tuition and fee obligation can be made for absence, voluntary or involuntary withdrawal, or expulsion.
I(We) give permission for my participant to go on any school trip during the 2023-2024 school year.
*If both parents are living, both must sign this contract. Otherwise, the participant's guardian and person having financial responsibility for this contract must sign. Your typed name below will represent your electronic signature. The Friendship Life Skills & Job Training Program accepts your (the Parent's) electronic signature in place of a handwritten signature on a hard copy page.
Tuition and Registration:
Application will only be processed with a $180 registration fee. Tuition payments will only be accepted upon participants approval into the program.
By clicking the submit button below, your credit card will be charged for the total amount reflected above.
Scholarships for the 2023-2024 school year must be received by June 10th, 2023. Please email the filled-up scholarship application form together with the supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for review by the scholarship committee.
Once your scholarship application is reviewed we will contact you with the decision. Please note scholarships are on a first come first serve basis and given with the understanding that the participant will attend the program for the school year. If a participant does not regularly attend the program they will not be eligible to apply for a scholarship for any Friendship Circle of Greater Fort Lauderdale Program the following year.